June 25, 2014 – Food & Agriculture
In this latest Brussels Briefing on Agriculture, AGRA FACTS journalists Rose O’Donovan & Ed Bray provide an update on the latest developments in EU farm policy:
– European Elections: how the rise of Eurosceptic parties will impact Parliament’s work
– Composition of the next European Parliament Committee on Agriculture & Rural Development
– The last Council meeting under the Greek Presidency: no agreement reached on dairy sector (June 16 – 17)
– Next talks on dairy measures
– EU-US trade talks: US Secretary for Agriculture Tom Vilsack met his European counterparts (June 16 – 17)
Featuring statement by Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dacian Cioloş.