In January 2015, ICSA made its submission to the Seanad Public Consultation Committee, which announced in late 2014 that it was carrying out a public consultation on Farm Safety.
The Committee will review the written submissions and may decide to invite some contributors to address a public session of the Committee. When this process is complete, the Committee intends to publish a report.
ICSA’s proposals include:
- Education of children at primary level
- Consideration of financial issues
- Utilisation of discussion groups
- Ongoing education and awareness through farm organisations and Teagasc
- Minimising stress and prioritising mental health issues