This is a DAFM Approved Knowledge Transfer Beef Event and will include:
- Commercial Cows with AI bred Calves with Discussion from Arthur Bredin of Progressive Genetics
- ICBF speaker Chris Daly will cover Star Rating and Beef Genomics
- Adam Woods, from Teagasc, will be speaking about 24+months calving and the benefits
- Arthur Bredin, of Progressive Genetics, will be talking about bulls and heifer/ cow qualities
- Pedigree Luing Herd from Scotland
- View the Roundhouse cattle handling System
- Luing Beef will cooked by Rogans Smokery served on the evening
- The event will conclude with an Elite Sale of 10 4 and 5 star Sim / Luing 2 year old Heifers with AI bred Maternal Calves at foot and back in-calf again. Cattle sale will be handled by Eamonn Gaffney Auctioneers. Catalogues will be available on the day.
The event is sponsored by Progressive Genetics, Forage Systems Charlie Wynne Feeds and Mayo Health Care.
All enquires to Jim Cosgrave at 087 9793414.
Please be aware that all Knowledge Transfer participants must register with the dedicated DAFM staff members in order to gain credit for attendance at this event.